Sunday 13 April 2014

Cruise Fest North East Easter meet

Hello again:) 
So I haven't really been keeping up with daily posts at the moment, mainly because nothing interesting has actually happened for me to write about. But last night, I did something I don't normally do and is a 3 times a year (at most) activity, I went along with my uncle and brothers to the Easter Cruise Fest North East meet up. Technically "cruise" but I don't drive so I didn't do any cruising myself;P. 
  Basically Cruise Fest North East is a UK based cruise team owned by my uncle for car enthusiasts to meet each other and basically be social. 3 times a year the do HUGE meets for people not nessecarily part of the sites group to come along, meet people and show off renovations they have to their cars, my uncle is always renovating his cars for such things. They also do a lot of fundraising for cancer research uk during these events and others they hold during the year. 
   And usually these events are quite big, about 200 cars come along, that's not counting the number of people in each car. But last nights pushed it bigger then ever before, with well over 500 cars -we don't actually count the number of cars but the car parking space rented held 500 cars and still a few hundred ended up either parked on the grass or having to leave due to a lack of space- and a lot of money was raised for the charity, which I'm quite proud of everyone for. 
That photo only covered the rented area at the top end, so there was quite a bit left out of the photo. 
    And although I'm a little biased, I have to say the events are incredible, 100% legally done with no messing around or law breaking most people associate with cruise companies. If you're from the UK (or anywhere in fact) I'd definitely reccomend checking out the facebook account and website because it really is amazing. And if you're from the north east or even near it, I'd definitely reccomend coming along! 
Facebook account; Cruise Fest North East 
Website; www.cfne.co.uk
Jess xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment